Ngd X 3 And Why I Hate The Agile Forum

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by tony1852, May 21, 2020 at 10:30 PM.

1. tony1852

tony1852 Active Member

I thought I was doing ok. Sold 6 guitars in about 6 months. Felt like my recovery was going good. And then this, one stock photo and 2 actual photos all arrived yesterday:

2018 SG HP ii
    SG HP ii FULL STOCK.jpg

Agile AL-3200MCC Wide CSBF and GM Hot Rod set (wonder if this came from someone on this forum???)

FULL FRONT AGILE 3200MCC CSBF WIDE.jpg
    And to top it off, an '85 Yamaha SBG2100 in crazy good condition!!!

FULL FRONT SGB2100.jpg

And on top of all that, I see that there are now Agile AD-3200MCC's available! I missed the first run, and colors aren't what I'd prefer, but I would probably order an Oceanburst.

So why do I hate this place? Because instead of telling me I don't need another guitar, I bet most of the people on this forum would encourage me to get the Agile double cut. I wonder if Kurt would throw a Floyd on one of the white/gold AL-3200s. I'd probably try to sneak that one into my house too, when my wife wasn't looking!

2. Chocol8

Chocol8 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need an AL-3200 and an AD-3200. No Floyd’s though.

3. bc rich

bc rich Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Congrats on classy trifecta score , impressive . Feel free to keep blamming us .

RiverDog likes this.

4. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member

Yamaha got me super jelly. Carry on, you are on a roll.

5. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

Yea, those 3 are a perfect storm.
    Sort of like having a 19 yr old hooker show up with a bag of free cocaine betting you you wont take snort and touch her at the gambling/narcotics/ sex addicts anonymous meeting.
    You never stood a chance :)

Believer and tobijohn like this.
  6. manco53

manco53 Well-Known Member

You def don’t need that oceanburst doublecut. But you only live once.

7. fullonshred

fullonshred Well-Known Member

Congrats on all three beauties. But I am envious of that Yamaha. One of my absolute favorite body shapes/guitars ever. Happy for you getting it, but I want one of my own.

8. redman

redman Well-Known Member Supporting Member+

Those are some really great looking guitars that SG is gorgeous and I love the Yamaha such highly under rated guitars and that top on your Agile is the bomb congrats, which one is going to get the most of your attention.

9. tony1852

tony1852 Active Member

Thanks to our friends at the UPS and GC, the SG has a pretty good ding in the body, so I needed to see if it was even worth keeping. I tuned it up and checked to make sure everything was good with it, so it's a keeper. I had a fairly high end (for me, about $1000) SG before that had 57 classics in it and just did not bond with it. This one is quite different and had a 57 Classic + in the bridge, and sounds better to my liking. Taking it today to have someone look at the ding and finish today. GC is compensating me for the repair. I had another SG I really liked that was an Epiphone Prophecy EX with Dirty Finger pickups. That thing was insane and the only reason I sold it was because the body itself was pretty but cheap. Tonally lacking from an acoustic standpoint, but it roared when driven! I'd hate to change out the pups in this SG, but it's either that or find an actually Gibson SG with Dirty Fingers (which I just found out they made about 2013, but not sure on the neck profile of that one).

Then, of course, I reached for the Yamaha. Was dying to hear the Spinex pickups. This guitar is a work of art, but the back heel is a little chunky compared to the thinness of the SG. This is also probably my first truly 'collectible' guitar so I'm a bit hesitant to play it a lot.

I actually spent the most time on the Agile. I've had a couple of older Agiles, and I liked the DC I have the best (which is why I want a new DC so badly!). Sold a very nice 2800 to someone on this forum which was a cool story, as it turned out it was his originally many moons ago. I briefly played a 3200MCC last year from a local that was looking to sell one. It should have been the perfect one for me, as it has a set up really hot, high end custom pickups in it (supposedly). However, it didn't do it. This one, with the GM Hot Rod set, was really good. Low action, perfect intonation.

Now if I could just play them better. Need to spend more time practicing and playing and less time buying 'em!

Believer likes this.
  10. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's an impressive NGD haul right there. All three are desirable and awesome guitars.

11. dspellman

dspellman Well-Known Member

Lemme know when you get tired of the Yamahoppy.